Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Assignment 2

Structure






Harmony






Rhythm








I have a huge problem with the whole abstract, follow your heart, or just go with it. I also have serious issues with vague instructions like represent harmony. I can do structure. I took an old stack of post it notes that had lost stickiness, and folded them around a glue stick for the form. besides this, I took a pile of gluesticks under the light tables at UNM, and a cut up daily lobo for the flower thingy.

In the end, harmony is like a musical harmony, some patterns, but made of distinct sounds in the general shape of something, in this case a flower and Diamond. Rhythm is repeating patterns, structure is paterns with form... Though it sounds like i defined the term then made it, I did the opposite, started making it and discovered it kinda resembled a flower, or each object.

No comments:

Post a Comment