Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly Journal 9/14/09

Some questions have come up in class as to copyright infringements, especially with the weekly sketches. The four or five picture I was going to upload as the first of my images were done by me a year ago, and I even included most of them in my demo reel. I've been drawing an image a week, but due to the hectic state of our house, I don't have access to a scanner right now. I was hoping that I could set one up by this or next week, otherwise I'd have to find one on campus.




This was the last picture I've done with ink. As much as I love ruining brushes, along with spilling ink all over my backpack, I was glad to switch back to graphite or charcoal. The picture is of the lion's head of the fountain in my other picture. This is a close shot, trying to focus on the shadow across its face. I tried for contrast, gradients, line weight... I just don't like the permanency of the ink. Even with a dousing of water and other ink a mistake is permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment