Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekly Post 9/21/09




I think there are two things about art that are hard for me: knowing what to make, and how to make it. In animation, we're often told what to make, and the challenge is choosing one of the dozen ways to do this. In drawing, the challenge for me is knowing what to draw. After drawing enough trees to make me sick of them, I drew a scooter, who sped off after an hour of drawing. After reading the Daily Lobo out of boredom, I saw an add for something or other. I thought I might be able to draw her. I used lead the pencil I use in school to write. After a while I used my smoothing stick at home to smooth out lines and shade in the background and her face. I didn’t quite catch the look she had. I had to redo the lips several times, and the shoulder still doesn’t look correct. A year ago I had a picture set up with a grid and drew a human figure, but since then this is the only one, and the only one I used without assistance from a grid or hours of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment