Sunday, December 6, 2009

Posts for 11/15/09


http://www.furnishingsontheweb.com/NoFrame/Items/169210nf.html

For a long time I was stumped with a design for the table. Finally I threw functionality out the window and thought of style. This first image is what I mainly used for the table I built, which is kind of bean-shaped. What I got for this is that a simple curve can be elegant if it’s simplistic; the curving on the bottom contrasts the flat glass.




http://www.furnishingsontheweb.com/NoFrame/Items/204407nf.html

The second one also challenged me to simplify not only my thinking, but also my expectations. Modeling this would take minutes, but it gets a significant effect. If I were to add textures of engravings to wooden legs and make my table like that, it would be another style, one of rich antiquity, not at all the home atmosphere mixed with technology. Sleek and simple.


Besides being boring, physics class is a great place to draw up some ideas for the table! I was thinking about space efficient design, and chairs folding out of the table. style came in second, working around functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment