Sunday, December 6, 2009

Posts for 12/13/09



http://www.wallpapers-room.com/1919/filter/popular/58/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43392877@N03/4042207241/in/pool-psdvault

These two images, again, are from the same website: PSD Vault - Extra Unique Adobe Photoshop Tutorial

On the first, the detail, especially on the sail and sand blowing around, are great. It really does look like a ship sailing on the choppy seas of Sahara desert. The second looks almost like some of my sketches I posted at the beginning, as far as different structures of the face. Here he has bone, muscle, and then the beard, just about everything you can do on the human face to make it a challenge, since all bone would require no fancy textures or models, the muscle texture has to look right, and the skin layer has hair he had to build. From personal experience, I hate building CG hair or fur of any sort. Great work by the artist.




Instead of drawing out of the paper, I picked an image out of the inspiration catalog. I chose the ship, in particular this Frigate known as the USS Constitution, or Ironsides, that I saw while visiting Boston. I started off with the basics of the ship, hull and masts, and moved on to the sais and shading of the hull. As I was moving forward, I spend what seems like half my time on the ropes. There are an obsurd number of ropes aboard a ship! Including them seems to make the difference between drawing a toy model and a full-on ship. I didn't choose an interesting positing for the ship, such as in a storm, So I drew the reflection and the quake around the ship in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment